Forumnyheter:

Möjlighet för gäster att skriva inlägg har länge varit avstängt på grund av missbruk och spam, men i och med den nya forumprogramvaran är det nu påslaget igen. Se till att inte missbruka detta, för då kan det behöva stängas av igen.

Huvudmeny

Don Bluth

Startat av Mozeru, 28 februari 2013 kl. 14:44:39

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Mozeru

What your favorite Don Bluth movie(s) ?

Formed by Disney, he and his two friends Gary Goldman and John Pomeroy (another genius animator) create their animation studio. Their films stand out for their greatest animations and moving stories, directed by Bluth.

After a prolific 80's periode with 4 cult movies, his subsequent films were failures, except for Anastasia. It's regrettable for a great director...

His filmography :
The Small One - Min lilla åsna (1978)
Banjo, the Woodpile Cat - Vildkatten Banjo (1979)
The Secret of NIMH - Brisby och NIMHs hemlighet (1982)
An American Tail - Resan till Amerika (1986)
The Land Before Time - Landet för längesedan (1988)
All Dogs go to heaven - Änglahund (1989)
Rock-A-Doodle (1991)
Thumbelina - Tummelisa (1994)
A Troll in Central Park - Trollet i parken (1994)
The Pebble and the Penguin - Pingvinen och lyckostenen (1995)
Anastasia (1997)
Bartok the Magnificent - Bartok - en riktig hjälte (1999)
Titan AE (2000)

My favorite movies are :
Thumbelina (I love songs)
All Dogs go to Heaven (so moving and greatest characters)
An American Tail

I like Little Foot, Anastasia and Bartok, but I think Rock-A-Doodle as not a good movie, but I love songs, and Troll in Central Park as a failure.

And I consider Secret of NIMH for one of the best animation films of all times ! Animation as fluid, the story as moving and frenetic, english and french dubs are great (I don't listen the swedish one for the moment) and the Jerry Goldsmith score as magnificent !

This movie is scarry and adult (when I was little, I was very surprised by the blood apparition to the end), but it proves that cartoons are not just for children  ;)

And you ? what your favorite Don Bluth movie ?

TonyTonka

I like Bartok the most, i enjoyed watching it when i was a kid. But it was so long time ago i watched it that i can't remeber any specefic from it.

I also like Land before time, and i think i watched An American Tail, maybe not just that movie but i watched the movie where he was in the wild west.
https://djtonytheking.wordpress.com/ - Min blogg
(bloggen uppdateras senast: 2022-01-30)

Äntligen tillbaka på bloggen! :D

Mozeru

Yes, Bartok as very funny !

Citatand i think i watched An American Tail, maybe not just that movie but i watched the movie where he was in the wild west.

It was probably "An American Tail : Fievel Goes West" directed by Simon West (Balto), the sequel of Don Bluth movie. I watched this movie a lot when I was children, and I learned later that was a sequel. The James Horner soundtrack as genius !

Daniel Hofverberg

The Secret of NIMH was without a doubt an excellent movie, and has always been one of my favorites. Thumbelina and All Dogs Go To Heaven are also very good movies. The Land Before Time was also a good movie, but the movie's impact has lessened later on due to the not so great sequels.

During the 1990's I was also very fond of A Troll in Central Park, but I haven't watched it in ages so I have no idea how I would feel about it today.

Disney's The Small One is also an excellent film, but as it's just a featurette in 25 minutes, it's hard to compare that to feature-length films with any kind of justice.

gorehound

All dogs go to heaven, An American Tail, Secret of NIMH and The Land Before Time are the Don Bluth movies that I enjoyed the most while growing up. The
swedish dub of All dogs go to heaven is in my honest opinion more enjoyable than the original english version. But that could be the nostalgia talking. :)

50 Spänn

The Land Before Time is the only one I have any memories of. It's a great film, though. When I was little I also liked the sequels, but now that I'm older I realise how inferior they are.

JRL

Without a doubt "The Secret of NIMH", one of the best movies of all time.

It's so sad that his last/latest movie was released as long ago as 2000. He has had problems funding his movies after that :/

Mozeru

Hans Tolvaly

M favorites would be, in this order

1) All Dogs go to Heaven - (Great characters. A dark, yet child friendly story. An exelent villian. And the swedish dub is one of the best I've ever heard. Burt Reynolds ain't go anything against Lars-Erik Berenett)

2) Secret of Nimh - (Only second to "All dogs go to Heaven" because I didn't see this movie until later years. But it's a fantastic movie with wonderful characters)

3) An American Tail - (Very dramatic story, and enjoyable characters. Also some great songs)

4) The Land Before Time - (This is just a child-classic. Any kid who loves dinosaures loved this movie. The sequals are a disgrace)

5) Rock-A-Doodle - (IMO the swedish dub is vastly superior to the english one, the voices are way better and the songs seems to have much more energy)

DisneyTLK

Secret of NIMH would be my favorite movie of Don Bluth's works, while Land Before Time almost steals the number one spot.
I've always loved how he's not afraid to show and expose the sadness of the darker moments.

Land Before Time is one of the saddest animated family films I've seen, it's not only sad though, it's still sweet and charming. Maybe I find it so sad because of being so sensitive? ;)
Not to mention the score is amazing, one of James Horner's finest works.

Being little, I watched A Troll In Central Park alot, I found it extremely sad during a specific part in the end, the part lasted for about 15 seconds or less, still it was very sad for me :(
The movie has received horrible reviews, but I think it's underrated really, can't be that bad.

What happened to his movies? Well, why didn't he continue to make these excellent movies? I guess it has to do with 2D animation dying or something? It's such a shame that almost all animated movies that gets released today are computer-animated, I always get really happy when Disney releases another 2D animated movie.
Well... Or any other company for that matter. It would be amazing if 2D animation once again could become like the way to go, if it could get popular again I guess.

Not to say there's anything wrong with computer-animation.

AlexanderM

Im not the biggest Don Bluth fan really but i told myself long time ago that i should sit down and watch all the Land before time movies sometime, the first one from 1988 brings back beautiful childhood memories!

That one along with An American Tail and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West are quality works

Oh yeah and i do have The peeble and the penguin somewhere on VHS, must be in the basement. Would be a shame if it got lost
"Får jag gissa? Ni snubbar är tandfeèrna inte sant?

Nej det finns inte 4 tandfeèr idiot! Det där är de 7 dvärgarna!"

Bebop & Rocksteady, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles ("Shredderville")

Elios

I love The land before time movies. It gaves me beautiful memories from my childhood. Even All dogs go to heaven is a fascinating masterpiece. I love the swedish dub with Lars-Erik Berenett as Charlie.

JRL

Citat från: AlexanderM skrivet  7 april 2013 kl. 22:35:23
That one along with An American Tail and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West are quality works

Vill inte vara petig, men An American Tail: Fievel Goes West är inte gjord av Don Bluth. Med undantag för filmen om Bartok (vars titel jag inte har i huvudet just nu) har han aldrig gjort någon uppföljare till någon av sina filmer, de har gjorts av andra.

gstone

Disney Plus har The Small One med svenskt tal !! :D :D :D
[[George]]
I care about many things-

[[Dot]]
Things-not people.

[[George]]
People, too. I cannot divide my feelings up as neatly as you,
and I am not hiding behind my canvas-I am living in it.

Adam Larsson

Citat från: gstone skrivet 28 april 2020 kl. 16:39:50
Disney Plus har The Small One med svenskt tal !! :D :D :D
är inte det en Disney kortfilm? Vad har Don Bluth med den att göra?