Forumnyheter:

Då forumet använder sig av databasen Stop Forum Spam för att blockera kända spammare finns det en liten risk att oskyldiga drabbas av detta, som råkar ha samma IP-adress som kända spammare har haft. Om du är en av dem och inte lyckas att skriva inlägg på forumet, följ denna länk för att ta bort blockeringen, eller skicka e-post till med din IP-adress.

Huvudmeny

The Judy Garland Show 1963?

Startat av Scoobydoofan1, 25 juli 2023 kl. 11:56:01

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Scoobydoofan1

Vet nån om serien har blivit utgiven på DVD och vart serien finns Pioneer Entertainment från circa 2000. Den är restaureringen i sin helhet och frågan är vart man kan söka efter DVD utgåvorna från Pioneer entertainment och hur ser omslagen ut?

Anders M Olsson

Citat från: Scoobydoofan1 skrivet 25 juli 2023 kl. 11:56:01Vet nån om serien har blivit utgiven på DVD och vart serien finns Pioneer Entertainment från circa 2000. Den är restaureringen i sin helhet och frågan är vart man kan söka efter DVD utgåvorna från Pioneer entertainment och hur ser omslagen ut?
Ja, serien finns utgiven på ett antal amerikanska DVD-skivor i region 1. Det bör gå att få tag på de flesta på amazon.com och/eller ebay.com. Jag kan ha fel, men det verkar inte finnas någon box med hela serien, utan man får köpa mindre omfattande boxar och individuella skivor.

En användare på amazon.com har skrivit följande recension som kanske kan vara till hjälp för att hitta alla avsnitten. Den är dock skriven så tidigt som i januari 2002, så det kan ha tillkommit mer vid något senare tillfälle.

CitatJames Sumner Proffitt
5.0 out of 5 stars Disc details
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on 3 January 2002
Verified Purchase
I have this collection, as well as Vols. 3-5 and "Legends" (aka Vol. 6). I was confused during my research regarding the content and possible overlaps between the various discs that are out there. Now that I've had a chance to review my own copy of the collection (love it), here is some information that might be helpful to others:
There are 4 DVDs in the box:
1. Just Judy compilation & Shows #21 & #22 (The Just Judy portion was recently released individually without #21 & #22)
2. Shows #1, #2, #3, #4 (recently released individually and split into two discs as Vol. 1: Shows #1 & #3, and Vol. 2: Shows #2 & #4)
3. Shows #5, #6, #10, #12
4. Shows #13, #16, #17, #18
Also released individually:
Vol. 3 - Show #15
Vol. 4 - Shows #8, #19, #24, #25
Vol. 5 - Shows #7, #9
Vol. 6 - "Legends" is a compilation
So, if you buy the Collection and Vols. 3-6, you will have 21 of the 26 shows. The Collection comes in a case shaped like a trunk. Inside the trunk, you'll find a piece of foam, a Collection insert, and a paperback book in addition to the 4 DVDs. If you remove the foam and the book, you'll be able to fit Vols. 3-6 inside as well...but then what to do with the book? Anyway...
The DVD insert provides an index to the guests and provides the Show # on which they appear. It also indexes each song performed and provides the Show # or #s. The DVD insert indices only reference the discs included in the Collection.
The feature mentioned in the product description for the Collection regarding an index to *all 26 shows* is actually found in the paperback book, "Rainbow's End," which is included inside the Collection box.
Another issue is that the spines of the DVDs in the Collection are labeled Disc 1, Disc 2, etc while the supplemental discs are labeled Vol 3, Vol 4, etc.
If you have the Collection, and Vols. 3-6, the "missing" episodes are:
Show #11 - Steve Allen, Mel Torme, Jayne Meadows
Show #14 - Bobby Darin, Bob Newhart
Show #20 - Judy Garland in Concert
Show #23 - Judy Garland in Concert: Music from Movies
Show #26 - Judy Garland in Concert
Shows #11 and #14 will be released on 2/18/2003 in Vol. 7!
Enjoy!