Forumnyheter:

Gmail har under ett par månaders tid blockerat Dubbningshemsidans e-postmeddelanden, men det ska nu vara löst. Om du missat viktiga e-postmeddelanden under denna tid, kontakta webbmastern på så löser vi allt.

Huvudmeny

Hallå

Startat av Mozeru, 10 september 2012 kl. 21:44:16

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Mozeru

CitatI really liked that oldest dub of Lady and the Tramp. Exasperating that it has three different dubs. I think it is bad enough with two.

I like the old dub, but the characters use phrases that I do not understand and are no longer used now.

I love the second dubbing, is my favorite, more lively, and the voice of the Tramp is enjoyable.

I do not understand why they still have re-redub the movie in 1997. This is a very good version, I love voice-actors, but it uses the same text as the second dubbing, but less lively.

Eriksson

Citat från: Mozeru skrivet 13 september 2012 kl. 22:29:04
I like the old dub, but the characters use phrases that I do not understand and are no longer used now.
Det menar du inte? Har franska språket förändrats så mycket på bara drygt 50 år?

You don't say! Has the French language changed that much in just 50 years?

Jag har då inga problem att förstå allt som sägs i den äldsta svenska dubbningen. Men ändå har man, helt i onödan, ändrat en del uttryck i omdubbningen.

I have no trouble at all understanding anything that is said in the old Swedish dub, and yet they changed some phrases for the redub, entirely unnecessary.
Jag svär högtidligt att jag har nåt rackartyg i kikarn.

Mozeru

In the first dubbing translators have wanted to use outdated expressions to create a contrast among the social classes of dogs.
These expressions are no longer used now, and many French do not necessarily understand. This is probably why the film was redub in the 80s.

Eriksson

Citat från: Mozeru skrivet 13 september 2012 kl. 22:48:44
In the first dubbing translators have wanted to use outdated slang to create a contrast among the social classes of dogs.
These slangs are no longer used now, and many French do not necessarily understand. This is probably why the film was redub in the 80s.
OK, det förstår jag. Det var ju en ganska finurlig tanke de hade när de översatte, men om ingen människa längre förstår uttrycken, så kanske det bästa var att dubba om. Skulle du kunna förklara vilka uttryck det rör sig om?

OK, I understand. It was quite clever to translate that way, but if no one understands those phrases, it was probably best to redub. Could you try to explain what phrases that is?

Men det var verkligen märkligt att den dubbades om igen på 90-talet, till synes helt utan anledning.

But it was really strange that it was re-dubbed again in the 90's, seemingly for no reason.

TonyTonka

I also wonder, is peanuts (Charlie Brown, Snoopy etc) dubbed in french?

In sweden, all Peanuts specials has the same voices.
https://djtonytheking.wordpress.com/ - Min blogg
(bloggen uppdateras senast: 2022-01-30)

Äntligen tillbaka på bloggen! :D

Mozeru

CitatOK, I understand. It was quite clever to translate that way, but if no one understands those phrases, it was probably best to redub. Could you try to explain what phrases that is?

For exemple, when Jock insult the Tramp. I do not really understand his words. It is certainly an old insult used once. Others expressions : "Nous sommes encore très verts" ("We still green" which means "We're not decrepit") or "Gibiers de potence" (which means roughly a prisoners), the "Roquet-club" ("Pug-club", "Roquet" is no longer used) says by the Tramp are expressions unknown to today's and 80-90's children.

CitatBut it was really strange that it was re-dubbed again in the 90's, seemingly for no reason.

It is strange indeed. Although the old expressions have disappeared, there was a contrast between the rich dogs and the poor dogs in second dub. The poor dogs seemed really beings thugs. There are no contrast in the last dub, and that's unfortunate. Poor dogs seem too soft.

Eriksson

Citat från: Mozeru skrivet 13 september 2012 kl. 23:27:07
For exemple, when Jock insult the Tramp. I do not really understand his words. It is certainly an old insult used once. Others expressions : "Nous sommes encore très verts" ("We still green" which means "We're not decrepit") or "Gibiers de potence" (which means roughly a prisoners), the "Roquet-club" ("Pug-club", "Roquet" is no longer used) says by the Tramp are expressions unknown to today's and 80-90's children.
Både "Gibiers de potence" och "Roquet" står med i min franska ordbok, men det kanske inte betyder att de är i bruk och förstås.

Both "Gibiers de potence" and "Roquet" are in my French dictionary, but I guess that doesn't mean that they are used and understood.

Elios

Witch is the best French dub ever?

Lilla My

Citat från: Eriksson skrivet 13 september 2012 kl. 22:22:42
Det är inte särskilt svårt att bedöma en dubbning på ett främmande språk. Man har ju sett filmen på sitt eget språk så man vet vad de säger. Och man lyssnar ju på hur rösterna låter och inte vad de säger.

It is not very hard do judge a dub in a different laguage. Since you have seen the movie in your own language, you know what they say. And you listen to how the voices sound and not what they say.

Faktum är att det kan vara enklare att bedöma röster på andra språk. Då far inte tankarna direkt till översättning, röstskådespelarna eller översättningen.

EDIT: Och varför skrev jag "översättningen" två gånger nu då? Jaja, tidigt morgon.

TonyTonka

I have watched some Disney songs in french for a couple of years ago and thinks they're good. I have seen many dubs of the Lion King song Can you feel the love tonight including Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Finnish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Arabic and Of course Swedish and English.
https://djtonytheking.wordpress.com/ - Min blogg
(bloggen uppdateras senast: 2022-01-30)

Äntligen tillbaka på bloggen! :D

Mozeru

CitatWitch is the best French dub ever?

I think there are many, I can quote those I prefer :

Cartoons :
Disney's Alice in Wonderland (1974's dub)
Snow White (1962's dub)
Secret of NIMH (one of my favorite films)
Gurren Lagann
Dark Crystal
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin III 2005's dubs (first serie and various movies)
Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind (second dub, more faithful to the Japanese texts and the Voice-team is great)
Wakfu
Asterix animated movies
Heavy Metal
Futurama
South Park (juste funny !)
Nightmare Before Christmas

Live-action :
Mary Poppins
Back to the Future
Reservoir Dogs
The Thing
Beetlejuice

And others than I cannot quote.

And now, the worst french dubs than I listening :

Kubrick's Shining
Der Untergang
Lupin III : Goodbye Lady Liberty (Lupin's voice is just unbearable)
Patlabor movies (good movies, but french versions are so...strange)

Oscar Isaksson

Citat från: Mozeru skrivet 13 september 2012 kl. 20:30:55
For fans of Disney dubs, here is a video comparing the three French dubs of "Lady and the Tramp" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOB0_ADWqs

I preffer the second dub of my childhood.

I can understand most of what they say in the first dub but it becomes more difficult to understand the newer dubs.

I am very interested in France in general, and I have long tried to find information about French dubs but I just find information of the voices. The only detailed credit list I can find is about Cinderella's first dubbing including the names of those who have done the  voice-direction as well as the translators of dialogue and song.

Do you know any site where I can find information of the old dubs?

Mozeru

Oscar Isaksson

Thank you very much, it was very interesting to read  :) :D ;D