Forumnyheter:

Då forumet använder sig av databasen Stop Forum Spam för att blockera kända spammare finns det en liten risk att oskyldiga drabbas av detta, som råkar ha samma IP-adress som kända spammare har haft. Om du är en av dem och inte lyckas att skriva inlägg på forumet, följ denna länk för att ta bort blockeringen, eller skicka e-post till med din IP-adress.

Huvudmeny

Bilder från Walt Disney dubbings

Startat av willdubguru, 15 januari 2019 kl. 19:42:40

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Anders M Olsson

Citat från: Richardo skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 13:18:35
Today we have quite powerful image-editing softwares. They could just create new ones based on the Blu-ray restorations. It should not be THAT hard.

It's not very hard to sign up as a member here at this message board either.

Daniel Hofverberg

Citat från: TrondM skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 12:30:52
There are several other oddities in the translations here, as well.

Directing Animators - Replikkregi
Character Animators - [???]-stemmer
Effects Animators - Effektstemmer
Layout - Skisse

I can't make out what the first part of the translation for "Character Animators" is. It might be "Andre", but I really can't tell. In any case - translating "animators" to "replikk-" (dialogue) or "stemmer" (voices) is bizarre.
I can't make out what it says before "stemmer" either on the former one, as it's written with almost exactly the same color as the background image.

Either way, I of course agree that it makes zero sense to translate "Animators" to "stemmer". Perhaps it was supposed to be "tegner", and someone messed up...? After all, these two words are somewhat similar-sounding, so it's possible someone mixed up the two words and made a huge mistake - for instance if the title cards were read out aloud over a bad telephone line or similar. At least it's the only reasonably similar-sounding word I can think of that would make sense in this context...

It's a bit far-fetched, but it's the only explanation I can think of that sort-of makes sense.

I can't think of a Norwegian word with some sort of resemblance to "Replikk" though that would make sense in the context of "Directing Animators"...

Citat från: Richardo skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 13:18:35
Today we have quite powerful image-editing softwares. They could just create new ones based on the Blu-ray restorations. It should not be THAT hard.
It's not necessarily that simple. In order to create new localized title cards, you have to have access to neutral background images with no text written on it; and it's possible such neutral background images have been lost in some cases.

I suspect that may be the case with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, as localized title cards in different languages and different dubs have different background images.

Even with access to neutral background versions, it would only be reasonably simple with opening and closing title cards. In cases where words are written in the animation itself - such as the dwarves' bedheads, the Queen's books, etc. in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, or even the opening of the book after the opening credits, would be much more complicated and certainly no easy task. I doubt the animators in California would be willing to take the time to do all that for several dozens (or even hundreds) of languages...

Artan1528

Here's the title card from the Danish VHS release of Mickey's Christmas Carol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFna6w7zwlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_4kFOtPBA

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but it says "Praesenterer", when it's supposed to say "Præsenterer". Maybe they did it like that in the old days?

And in Denmark we don't use apostrophe ('), so it shouldn't be "Mickey's", but "Mickeys".

TrondM

Citat från: TrondM skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 11:18:36
Here are the title cards from the Norwegian VHS release of Mickey's Christmas Carol

BTW: One interesting note about the title. As you can see, the title card says "Mikkes Juleeventyr". But, the title used on the VHS cover is "Mikke Mus - Et Juleeventyr"

As far as I can tell, it was released as "Mikkes Juleeventyr" when it was shown together with the theatrical rerelease of Snow White in 1983. I have not found any explanation for the title change.

TrondM

Citat från: Artan1528 skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 14:19:55
I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but it says "Praesenterer", when it's supposed to say "Præsenterer". Maybe they did it like that in the old days?

That's odd. As you can see from the Norwegian title cards, Æ is used twice there ("TROND BRÆNNE" and "PETER LINDBÆK")

willdubguru

@TrondM Thank you for all of this information !! :) Do you know if Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree and Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day were dubbed into Norwegian before the feature film was dubbed ? I know that Tigger Too was dubbed and was included on a rental VHS from the 1980s but I don't know about the others.

@Daniel Hofverberg Do you have any rare Swedish rental VHS images and posters and credits images ? I would love for my Winnie the Pooh images on my Swedish page to be in better quality and I'd love to provide documentation on Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros. :)

TrondM

As far as I can tell, they were not dubbed, no. The VHS rentals for those to shorts are not dubbed, and I'm pretty sure they would have used the Norwegian dub if they were dubbed for their theatrical release.

BTW: VHS covers are here:
https://www.getsky.no/s/117fa041306e9a449719c442ff80ab12c82
https://www.getsky.no/s/1170f520c6f17e64532a3580cde74a23d13
https://www.getsky.no/s/11740e6c99594b749b7b9677edb6e8521f5

However, I recently discovered that they were dubbed for NRK TV in 1980/1981. Norwegian Wikipedia lists the voice cast. Slightly misplaced, as it's on the page of the feature movie, but the shorts don't have their own page...

GoboFraggle1983

@Daniel Hofverberg Hello Daniel, I sent you a private message.

willdubguru

@TrondM So they were dubbed for a TV showing ? Maybe someone has them recorded somewhere. It's possible that the TV station has more information; have you asked them for any information ?

I've downloaded the VHS covers for the featurettes already. :) Do you have any vintage Norwegian press materials from Snow White ?

@Daniel Hofverberg Is the original Swedish 1959 dub of Sleeping Beauty actually lost or is it in an archive somewhere ?

Daniel Hofverberg

Citat från: willdubguru skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 19:59:25
@Daniel Hofverberg Is the original Swedish 1959 dub of Sleeping Beauty actually lost or is it in an archive somewhere ?
I'm sure Disney still has the 1959 dub of Sleeping Beauty, but I guess it would take a lot for them to actually take it out from the archives... :( Unfortunately, Svenska Filminstitutet (the Swedish Film Institute) do not have a copy in its archive in Stockholm.

I haven't been able to get hold of it either.

According to unverified sources, the 1959 Swedish dub may have been used in an old 16 mm transfer of the movie a long time ago; but I haven't been able to get hold of that print so I don't know if it's true or not. Sleeping Beauty has been released on 16 mm with Swedish audio; so much I know, but what dub is used is still very much unverified.

TrondM

Citat från: willdubguru skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 19:59:25
@TrondM So they were dubbed for a TV showing ? Maybe someone has them recorded somewhere. It's possible that the TV station has more information; have you asked them for any information ?

Yes. The three featurettes were broadcast: 10. May 1980, 24. December 1980, 17. May 1981, respectively, and again on 5. April 1986, 17. May 1986 and 27. December 1986

I have not contacted NRK for more information, no. They probably still have the audio recordings, but I don't think they'll let me have copy.

I have an audio copy of about 2/3 of the 1986 broadcast of Tigger. It's definately different from the VHS dub. I haven't had time to sync this to the video track yet.

Citat från: willdubguru skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 19:59:25Do you have any vintage Norwegian press materials from Snow White ?

Unfortunately not.

GoboFraggle1983

Hello :)

I am searching for the original Swedish dubbings of the three "Winnie the Pooh" (Nalle Puh) shorts with Tor Isedal.

@Daniel Hofverberg I remember requesting you to send them a while ago, but at the time you mentioned that you were moving into a new place. Have you managed to digitize them by any chance?

Also, I am missing the original Swedish dubbings of "Mickey's Christmas Carol" and "Fun and Fancy Free" (Bongo och Musse och bönstjälken), along with the 1971 version of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" ("Kalle och chokladfabriken") with Gene Wilder and a higher quality copy of the Swedish dub for "All Dogs Go to Heaven" (1989). Does anybody have those as well?

@TrondM Also, would you please email me the audio file of the 1986 Norwegian TV version of "Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too"? Additionally, where did you find it?

willdubguru

@Daniel Hofverberg Thank you for the valuable information ! :) I don't think the dub is lost, it's probably sitting with a collector somewhere. You never know; this is how Peter Pan's Italian 1953 dub was found. :)

@TrondM I may ask NRK for more information like the definite cast and technical crew information. I highly doubt that they give out full programs. Copyright issues you know.

If you don't mind sending me the footage you have, I would greatly appreciate that. :)

@GoboFraggle1983 You may want to create a separate thread for your request. I was asking for dub images, posters, etc. :)

Citat från: Daniel Hofverberg skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 21:09:02
I'm sure Disney still has the 1959 dub of Sleeping Beauty, but I guess it would take a lot for them to actually take it out from the archives… :( Unfortunately, Svenska Filminstitutet (the Swedish Film Institute) do not have a copy in its archive in Stockholm.

According to unverified sources, the 1959 Swedish dub may have been used in an old 16 mm transfer of the movie a long time ago; but I haven't been able to get hold of that print so I don't know if it's true or not. Sleeping Beauty has been released on 16 mm with Swedish audio; so much I know, but what dub is used is still very much unverified.

Also Daniel, do you have any rare Swedish rental VHS images and posters and credits images ? I would love for my Winnie the Pooh images on my Swedish page to be in better quality and I'd love to provide documentation on Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros. :D You also mentioned that Mickey's Christmas Carol had Swedish titles, do you have them on a 16 mm print ? :)

willdubguru

Citat från: Daniel Hofverberg skrivet 16 januari 2019 kl. 21:09:02
I'm sure Disney still has the 1959 dub of Sleeping Beauty, but I guess it would take a lot for them to actually take it out from the archives... :( Unfortunately, Svenska Filminstitutet (the Swedish Film Institute) do not have a copy in its archive in Stockholm.

Also Daniel, do you have any rare Swedish rental VHS images and posters and credits images ? I would love for my Winnie the Pooh images on my Swedish page to be in better quality and I'd love to provide documentation on Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros. :D You also mentioned that Mickey's Christmas Carol had Swedish titles, do you have them on a 16 mm print ? :)

Daniel Hofverberg

Citat från: willdubguru skrivet 17 januari 2019 kl. 02:13:31
Also Daniel, do you have any rare Swedish rental VHS images and posters and credits images ? I would love for my Winnie the Pooh images on my Swedish page to be in better quality and I'd love to provide documentation on Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros. :D
On VHS, only Nalle Puh på honungsjakt (Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree) had a Swedish image version. I'd be happy to provide screenshots of the image version, if interested.

Nalle Puh och den stormiga dagen (Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day) and Nalle Puh och den skuttande tigern/Nalle Puh och Tiger (Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too) only had original image version, and not even dub credits listed (except that Tigger Too had a subtitle with the Swedish title listed under the original title). :( I'm not sure whether these two films had Swedish opening credits and/or dub credits listed during the theatrical exhibitions, but I think it's pretty likely that they did.

I have all three on VHS, so I should be able to scan the VHS covers if you're interested.

Unfortunately, the VHS releases of Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros had no Swedish image version whatsoever and no dub credits listed - only the original English version with the audio replaced. I currently don't know whether these two films had any Swedish image version when screened theatrically. Apparently, both movies was released on 16 mm once upon a time, which might look the same as the theatrical versions (although not necessarily), but I haven't been able to get hold of any 16 mm print on either film.

With the help of the Disney archive in California complemented with old newspaper clips, I have been able to obtain reasonably realiable information as to the voice talents and dub credits though:
http://www.dubbningshemsidan.se/credits/saludosamigos/
http://www.dubbningshemsidan.se/credits/trecaballeros/

Citat från: willdubguru skrivet 17 januari 2019 kl. 02:13:31
You also mentioned that Mickey's Christmas Carol had Swedish titles, do you have them on a 16 mm print ? :)
No, unfortunately not. I have seen a theatrical copy of Mickey's Christmas Carol via Kungliga Biblioteket (the National Library of Sweden), so I have seen how it looked, but as the National Archive don't allow home loans of their material I have only been able to view it at the library.