Forumnyheter:

Gmail har under ett par månaders tid blockerat Dubbningshemsidans e-postmeddelanden, men det ska nu vara löst. Om du missat viktiga e-postmeddelanden under denna tid, kontakta webbmastern på så löser vi allt.

Huvudmeny

The case of the missing Oban Star Racers dubs

Startat av Eiffel, 17 maj 2021 kl. 09:52:09

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Eiffel

Hi there,

Sorry if I write in English I don't know a word of Sweedish.

I am the director and producer of the anime series "Oban Star-Racers", which aired in Sweeden at the end of the 2000's.
The series was also released by On-Air-Video in Danish, Norwegian and Swedish but unfortunatly the release was discontinued after episode 12.

Our distribution partners having unfortunately lost the master copies of the series in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish I wanted to check with you dubbing fans if anyone had a way of tracing these missing dubs, especially episodes 13 to 26 (as I have already bought episodes 1 to 12 on dvd and the quality would be good enough for our purposes).

For instance is there:
- anyone knowing the name  and contacts of the studio that recorded the dubs or artits involved.
- anyone knowing people who worked at the company On-Air-Video, which seems to have disappeared since, or ways of contacting them.
- if none of the above applies, anyone who may have kept a high quality rip of these dubs?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

I'll check the forum later on but I can also be contacted directly with a PM send to my twitter account @EiffelSavin

Best,

Savin Yeatman-Eiffel

Samlaren

Hello!

I and those I collecting animations show with has not your show. But hopes someone at the forum have the show. And thanks to your that are a Producer as are willing to save dubb. Hopes your finding the dubs.

Eiffel

Steffan Rudvall

Citat från: Eiffel skrivet 19 maj 2021 kl. 11:43:51
Thank you for your support.
Can you tell us who the distributor is? That way, we can use the exclusion method and maybe find out which studio did the dubbing.

Scoobydoofan1

Citat från: Eiffel skrivet 17 maj 2021 kl. 09:52:09
Hi there,

Sorry if I write in English I don't know a word of Sweedish.

I am the director and producer of the anime series "Oban Star-Racers", which aired in Sweeden at the end of the 2000's.
The series was also released by On-Air-Video in Danish, Norwegian and Swedish but unfortunatly the release was discontinued after episode 12.

Our distribution partners having unfortunately lost the master copies of the series in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish I wanted to check with you dubbing fans if anyone had a way of tracing these missing dubs, especially episodes 13 to 26 (as I have already bought episodes 1 to 12 on dvd and the quality would be good enough for our purposes).

For instance is there:
- anyone knowing the name  and contacts of the studio that recorded the dubs or artits involved.
- anyone knowing people who worked at the company On-Air-Video, which seems to have disappeared since, or ways of contacting them.
- if none of the above applies, anyone who may have kept a high quality rip of these dubs?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

I'll check the forum later on but I can also be contacted directly with a PM send to my twitter account @EiffelSavin

Best,

Savin Yeatman-Eiffel

How in the world did the distribution partners lose the Scandinavian dubbing for the series? Didn't they have a backup on a hard drive or something? Even having the languages on their computers?

Never heard of this series though, still a shame the distribution company managed to lose the master copies of the Scandinavian languages.

Daniel Hofverberg

Does anyone know which TV channel aired the show in Scandinavia?

Based on the limited information available on the newspaper archive at the Royal Library, it seems like the show aired between October 2006 and January 2009 in Sweden. It's hard to be sure without being able to read the entire articles, but based on the limited information available outside of the library I suspect it may have aired on Jetix.

If I'm right, then I strongly suspect that the studio that produced the Swedish (and most likely also the Norwegian and Danish) dubs were SDI Media. Try to contact them at or via telephone  +46 8 522 030 00. If I'm right that they produced the dubs, hopefully they may still have the audio tapes from the dubs. :)

Eiffel

Hi there,
I missed the last couple of messages, sorry.
Thank you for your answers and thoughts.
I can confirm the series aired on Jetix all accross Europe.
I just emailed SDI-media, we'll see what they say.
Best,
Savin YE

Nickolay Skaar

Hi

Im also on a hunt for old foxkids series on dub. Oban Star-racers is on my list.
Did you find the norwegian dub. I think there are 22 episode confirmed. Do you still have the dvd with 12 episodes on dub? 

Mvh
Nickolay

Elios

Visste inte om här var så populärt med utländska användare på länge. ^^

Will Siv

i have said this before, but I'll add it here so just in case.

It would be great if Disney+ added a Jetix section, since Disney still owns the rights to some of the shows, including "Oban Star Racers" i think.

Right now "Super Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!" is only Jetix series they're streaming ( and only in the u.s )

I'd also love to get back the swedish dubs of the series ( especially "Galactik Football" and "Yin Yang Yo!" )